5. Supply of Information to Customers: We may extend e-mail offers to users or customers on behalf of our business partners about a particular product or service that may be of interest to you without sharing your name or e-mail address with or disclosing your name or e-mail address to those business partners, Of course, you may opt out of receiving these offers at any time. Sometimes we will give you the opportunity to opt in to receive e-mail offers from third parties not affiliated with us. If you decide to accept these offers, we will provide, upon your consent, your contact information to the third party. We urge you to review carefully the privacy policies of these firms. We are not responsible for the privacy policies and procedures of any third party. You should be aware that if you voluntarily disclose information, personal or otherwise, online in any community area, that information could be collected and used by others. For example, if you use chat, forums, bulletin boards or message boards, or if you post Personal Information online (such as your e-mail address), you may receive unsolicited messages from others. We have no control over this use of your Personal Information.
6. Credit Card Companies: In the event that you choose to transact using a credit card, Batson Enterprises (ALPS and ForeCast) will supply to your credit card company all relevant information about the name of the vendor, item(s) purchased, purchase date, total cost and other information necessary to process the transaction. Batson Enterprises (ALPS and ForeCast) will not otherwise provide any Personal Information to your credit card company without your permission.
7. Disclosure to Third Parties: Batson Enterprises (ALPS and ForeCast) will not disclose your Personal Information to any third parties without your consent; provided, however, that Batson Enterprises (ALPS and ForeCast) reserves the right to use or disclose to a third party any information without a customer’s consent in the following circumstances:
(i) if it is requested by any laws and regulations; (ii) If Batson Enterprises (ALPS and ForeCast) deems it necessary for protection and security of human life, body or assets (including the Sites); (iii) if Batson Enterprises (ALPS and ForeCast) deems it particularly necessary for improvement of public health or enrichment of children’s welfare; (iv) if Batson Enterprises (ALPS and ForeCast) deems it particularly necessary for cooperation with a governmental body or other public organization or its designee in discharging its duties pursuant to the laws and regulations (including investigating breach of laws), or otherwise deems it particularly necessary for the public interest; (v) if Batson Enterprises (ALPS and ForeCast) outsources the handling of personal information to the extent necessary for its business operation.
8. Personal Data Request: (1) The individual customer that is identifiable by the personal information (the “Owner”) may request Batson Enterprises (ALPS and ForeCast) for the notification of the purpose of use of Retained Personal Data as defined in the Japanese Personal Information Protection Law (the “Personal Data”) of the Owner, disclosure of such Personal Data in Batson Enterprises (ALPS and ForeCast)’s possession, correction, addition to or deletion of the content of such Personal Data, cessation of use or deletion of such Personal Data or cessation of supply of such Personal Data to a third party (such request being referred to herein collectively as “Personal Data Request”). (2) The Owner is requested to submit a Personal Data Request by using the method prescribed on the respective page of the Site on which the Owner recorded the subject personal information or by submitting a written application form prescribed by Batson Enterprises (ALPS and ForeCast). The prescribed processing fee will be charged if we are requested to deliver a hard copy of our response to the Owner. (3) In the event of a Personal Data Request, Batson Enterprises (ALPS and ForeCast) will confirm the identity of the applicant and/or the authority if he/she is an agent by one of the following means:
(i) Confirmation of the Owner’s Personal Information in our possession such as name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, etc. (ii) Documentary evidence such as driver’s license, passport, basic resident register card, health insurance certificate, certificate of registered seal, etc. (iii) Confirmation by personal phone call, etc. to the Owner (iv) in the event of an application by the Owner’s agent confirmation of the power of attorney from the Owner (The agent’s authority will be confirmed by conformance of the seal on the power of attorney with the certificate of registered seal or by personal phone call, etc. to the Owner) (v) other method of confirmation which Batson Enterprises (ALPS and ForeCast) deems appropriate.
(4) If the applicant’s identity is confirmed pursuant to paragraph (3) above, we will reply in writing or such other means as the Owner and we consider reasonable and respond in the following manner:
(i) In the event that the Personal Data Request is for disclosure of Personal Data or notification of purpose of use of Personal Data, we will make disclosure or notification within a reasonable timeframe and to a reasonable extent. (ii) In the event that the Personal Data Request is for correction of, addition to or deletion of Personal Data for the reason that the content of the Personal Data is incorrect, we will correct, add to or delete the incorrect Personal Data within a reasonable timeframe and to a reasonable extent. (iii) In the event that the Personal Data Request is for cessation of use or deletion of Personal Data, or cessation of disclosure of Personal Data to a third party, we will cease use, delete or cease disclosure to a third party within a reasonable timeframe and to a reasonable extent. Please note that if we partly or fully cease use of or delete the Personal Data, or cease disclosure of the Personal Data to a third party, we may be unable to provide services that meet the Owner’s requirements.
(5) We may be unable to respond to a Personal Data Request if:(i) we are unable to confirm the applicant’s identity or authority pursuant to paragraph (3) above; (ii) the applicant does not follow the procedures described above; (iii) the information, in relation to which the Personal Data Request is made, does not fall within the definition of Personal Data; (iv) fulfillment of the request threatens to cause damage or injury to the life, body, assets or other rights or interests of the Owner or a third party; (v) fulfillment of the request threatens to cause material impediment to our business operation; (vi) fulfillment of the request constitutes violation of laws and regulations.
9. Cookies: Your web browser offers so-called “cookies” which, if you allow their use, store small amounts of data on your computer when you visit a website. Cookies do not contain any Personal Information about you and therefore cannot be used to identify you personally. However, cookies assist us in tracking which of our features you like best. Therefore, cookies enable us to customize our content according to your preferences. You have the ability to accept or decline cookies by modifying your browser settings. Our Sites are viewable even if you disable the cookie function on your browser. However, if you disable cookies, some advanced and customized features will not be available to you.
10. Web Beacons : Some of our web pages may contain electronic images known as web beacons, which are also called “single-pixel gifs”. These images allow us to count users who have visited those pages and to deliver co-branded services. We may also include web beacons in promotional e-mail messages or newsletters in order to count how many messages have been opened and acted upon. Web beacons are not used to access your Personal Information but they are a technique we use to compile aggregated statistics about usage on the Sites. Web beacons collect only a limited range of information including the time and date of page view, cookie number and description of the page on which the web beacon resides.
14. Children: We will not knowingly collect Personal Information via the Sites from visitors younger than thirteen (12) years of age. We encourage parents to talk to their children about their use of the Internet and the information they disclose on websites.
All photographs are “all rights reserved 2014″
The following have copyrighted photos and are licenses for “USE” only.
Olivier Portrat: Various, Judah Mehler: Various, Mathew Straw: Various, Roger Mosley: Various, Brian Yamamoto: Various, Fernando Almada: Various, Ryan McIntosh: Various, Kyle Fiege-Kollmann: Various, Darien Craig: Various, Nik Autrey: Various, Josh Constant: Various, Karry Batson: Various, Bill Batson: Various, Erik Landesfiend: Various, Matt Kotch: Various, Laura Ann and Tammy Foshee: Various, Joelle Nicholson: Various.